Thursday, January 6, 2011

Orientation #2

Well, if I wasn't nervous before I am know.  I heard in orientation today about 10 times "just think of it as if you're on a job interview everyday" ha! yea! Because that is suppose to make things easy.
Today was UNC-Charlotte's student teacher orientation and it was a lot to take in.  I have to get a 3 ring binder and set it up to be my life for the next 5ish months.  This is to hold everything from lesson plans, samples,  to my video reflection.  Yes, that's another thing I have to video tape myself along with 3 observations throughout the semester from my "supervisor" and there will also be  a couple other individual projects "outside" the classroom do be done.

Now I am sure this was not meant to completely terrify me and make me feel overwhelmed already.  I know this because today I received a pin to wear to remind me that I am not in this alone that at one point all teachers were there, its in a circle shape to show that education is ever changing.  Also, found out that on May 14th (day after my 25th birthday) if I choose I could walk in commencement ceremony to receive my license.  While this is super exciting for me I am scared that somewhere along the line something may have been missed and I wont qualify.

I have a list of things to do including a stack of about 5 different forms to fill out, a walmart trip, have my TB test read, and find a faculty member to sponsor me in the masters program because after this semester Phase 1 is over and Phase 2 can't be completed with out this sponsor.

I AM EXCITED!!! AHH!!
be timely
be organized
be fun and exciting
be up to date
be confident in knowledge
be professional
those are my goals for student teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment