Monday, February 28, 2011

welcome to biology

Over the last week I have had the first interactions with parents and students.  Two students are really concerned about their grade and they have come to talk to me along with contact with their parents.  I however had an issue with how do you tell a student the reason they are doing poorly in the class is because they are not putting any effort into the class at all.  You just tell them. Ha, I told them that I felt like their effort in the class was not where I expected and grades were reflecting that.  I also explained to them that part of their issue could be understanding how the questions are worded.  I feel like that there is always a way to say something, that there never should be you did this and you didnt you you you..  I feel like I need to give hope -- yes these questions are hard so we need to not only work on effort but understanding how questions are worded.

I was observed over this last week.  Things went great! I am very happy with how I am progressing, I just hope that I can show growth because I was rated rather high which is a little worry-some.

Really nothing super exciting this week, we started cells which is exciting because I really like cells and what cells lead up to.  :)
here's to go things....

No comments:

Post a Comment