Saturday, February 12, 2011

3rd Block

3rd Block is Honors Biology and it is also the block before lunch.  Wow, they are chatty and always saying they are starving.  I have used all techniques that I have discussed in all my education classes, but Monday a pop quiz is coming out.
Granted they are more of a "standard" preforming honors class they still should show the respect I know they have the capability of.
update from 2.11.11
I am having a hard time with the fact I feel hardly any of the techniques thus far have helped with my student teaching.  Why yes I feel some of it is very pertinent  I am glad I didn't just jump into a classroom and I am having this time to learn what to do how to do it and how to adjust.
I am having a hard time breaking through to my 3rd block that this stuff - biology is important and you can't just breeze through this class, I mean shoot it's an honors class come on put at least half amount of effort into it.  I feel like they don't care because it's ecology and most of these concepts they have done in middle school and are pretty straight forward.  So why half ass it??? I would be use this "adjustment" easy into biology period to my advantage completely.  I guess I dont think like a high school sophomore though.

Today they had their pop quiz. They hated it because well they had homework that they would of had time to finish in the computer lab and a study guide to finish on VALENTINES DAY!

On a side note though: I truly love being an "almost" teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment