Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do I stay or do I go now?

Well, technically next Friday May 6th is my final day student teaching and I am not required to go back to the "old job" until June 6th because I can't seem to answer this question.. "Do I stay or do I go now?"

I guess I could of expected that it would be hard to say goodbye, because well I have been with all these students since January and have gotten to know them.  I am completely involved in each students academic and social career at the school.  My 3rd block, the honors students are having the hardest time.  I have been teaching them the longest and I really do like them.  They told me the other day that "its not fair you are leaving you have been teaching us for a long time and we dont want to have to adjust to another teacher (meaning W)" And for that I  feel like i should stay atleast for their class.
But then there is my side, I completely drop everything next Friday that means there is a chance I wont feel that feeling I get every day I stand in front of the classroom like "duh! you are suppose to be here"  until maybe even next year.  Now hopefully in August I will have my own classroom and start my own journey in education, but we all know thats not for sure and I guess that is what scares me..... that it will be awhile before I feel that natural euphoria.....
HMM? so
"Do I stay or Do I go now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment